I CAN'T LOSE YOU

Lily



Sometimes I wonder what my world would be like

If I didn’t have someone like you in my life

I come back to reality only to see that 

I wouldn’t be myself without you

 

My heart is weeping tears of blood

For the pain that I have caused you

And crying out my letters of apologies

Pleading for your forgiveness for my unfortunate outburst



 

You loved, you cared, you were concerned, you trusted

You made me your forever, your priority

A voice that contributed to your thoughts

But in return, I brought you pain

 

Bringing us back down to earth 

from the fairytale world of our minds

And leading to a loss of a love that should be eternal

And it only hurts even more as it ends

With it came resentment and pain that is maddening,

 more so, physically that sometimes made it critical

 

I have made mistakes in the past but never this severe,

And I know I will only have myself to blame if you leave,

And that scares me more than I've ever been in my life,

 You're my true motivation, the only real thing in which I believe.


It has always been me, me, me for far too long,

And lately, I haven't given even a thought to your concerns.

I let them all fly past me, but now I know I was wrong.



You were reaching out to me in your time of uncertainty and sorrow,

While all I cared about was me and what I felt was mine,

I watched you in silence with tears and pains in your eyes

Too late, I feel all your fury and pain.



And all that's left for me to do is say 

"I'm sorry" in a sincere way,

With an apology that comes from deep inside my soul.

It's all I have left to offer for your love and your loyalty.

It's just a pity that my own loyalty couldn't hold.



My heart yearns to be able to turn back the hand of time,

and correct the mistakes I've made and start again.

As it comes from my heart,

Take time and try to forgive me for my failure

and with the regrets in my heart

 I will hang my head in shame forever.

Because I can’t afford to lose you!  


I CAN'T LOSE YOU I CAN'T LOSE YOU Reviewed by Kobby Sage on September 29, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Kobby Sage