Shriveled Orchid

 It is hard to come to terms that we are no more

reminiscing on the days our love cut through the core

and those days we used to walk together to the store

I saw you sleep and admired every time you snore

Our affection dug so deep  and filled  with love that we swore

that we will stick by each other forevermore

even though we broke up along the way to explore

we came back together hoping to not leave anymore

yet here we are today staring at each other as if there was no before

Hearing your disdain hurt so much I bled from my pore

you pass me by me now on the road as though I'm an eyesore. 



So what went wrong this time that it ended this way

I thought I had it all figured out we only had to make hay

now we are just broken pieces of cake served on a hot tray

we agreed to stay faithful, work hard, and get married someday

I believed every promise  you made me not knowing it was wordplay

Communication dropped so low I suspected we had an invisible stingray

I tried my best so hard there was nothing left in me to portray

The last time we spoke I was hopeful for a while then I noticed it was doomsday

I don't know if there is still something I can say

But when you look closely I guess there's no fairway


I've come to comprehend the truth and reality

So I've decided to move on without any enmity

maybe this time, I can rectify the mistakes I made with you

then I can finally make the next queen's dreams come through

With your help, of course, you made me see that I could be more

though your absence left me a scar, at least it gave me piety.






 


 

Shriveled Orchid Shriveled Orchid Reviewed by Kobby Sage on April 11, 2022 Rating: 5

1 comment:

Kobby Sage