Never Again, My Love

 Never again, my love

Am I ever going to let you go through all the pain alone

Nor will I ever watch you cry your pillow wet

I am staying by your side like your rib bone

If I can't wish away these struggles and test

If I can't believe in what everyone says about us

Then I will trust in our love till our very last


Never again, my love

Will I allow another man to dishonor you

Because I know you will always stand for what's true

I will stand by your side and help you see right when you are wrong

Your imperfections are not my scarecrows

Losing you is my greatest fear even though I can't assure you the future

But most certainly, I will stay with you till the dawn of rapture

Because it is my heart you succeeded to capture.

Perhaps I will ask cupid to shoot more arrows 

into your heart from one his love bows

with only my name on it as a sculpture. 


Never again, my love

Will I look down on you even when you fail. 

I realized that when I last had a chat with cupid 

He made me see that I've been stupid. 

You're smart in your own special way, not timid.

Maybe that was the truth I failed to see.

Let them mock while I see you rise in your potential 

from all points of view that's influential. 


Never again, my love 

Am I going to put a stranger before you 

and forget what you mean to me

I followed the insecurities of others 

and trivialized your value

I forgot for a brief moment 

All the treasures we struggled to accrue

By every press of my heart will I brew new wines of love for you

Never again, my love, will I abandon us.

Never!!








Kobby Sage©


Never Again, My Love Never Again, My Love Reviewed by El Roi on January 11, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Kobby Sage